piątek, 12 września 2014

A quarter of Italian whites

We are talking Pinot Grigio, Frascati, Soave, and Orvieto.
I cannot speak subjectively of Italian wines as I am myself an Italian-kissed white wine. I do, too, taste light, crisp and fresh ;) Ask Kevin if you don't believe me.

AROMA AND FLAVOUR:
PINOT GRIGIO will entertain you with its lemony, spritzy nature (http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/Il-Pino-Pinot-Grigio-2012/29036).
FRASCATI and ORVIETO will imitate the same, but will add some violet note.
SOAVE is the only rebel as it will show you its creamy side sprinkled with some almonds.
(http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/Borgo-San-Lorenzo-2013/29643)



Be aware of cheap bottles as, more often than not, they will be a blend of one of the good grapes above and dull Trebbiano that could make you put a ban on Italian wines. Don't!
Ok ok, even poor Trebbiano can be friendly and not necessarily that cheap (or cheaper than, let's say, Pinot Grigio). I believe it is up to the hands of skillful wine-makers. So, here we are, be very open to wines and don't snap any judgements. Wines get pretty sensitive ;)




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz